Idris Elba for GQ (June 2012)
He always does it right.
*stares out the window for 10 minutes contemplating life*
He’s handsome and has a great sense of humor. And a panty dropping accent. If the Lord God Almighty can see fit to deliver someone like that into my hands…
Black Girls Rock
- Kerry Washington is everything.
- Janelle Monae rocks, and she needs to release Electric Lady already so I can lay my burdens down by the riverside.
- Brandy and that raspy alto — I actually like that live version of “Wildest Dreams” better than the album version that I wasn’t impressed by.
- Ciara’s weave was nice. I had no idea what she or Missy were saying in ‘nem songs doe.
- Alicia Keys goes hard in the paint for her causes. I can’t help but admire that. And her (and Mariah’s) deep voice gives me life every time she speaks.
- Idris Elba and that British accent [slides out of chair]
- Luke James, Eric Benet, Anthony Hamilton — real SANGING on that stage. [throws panty draws]
- I was here for the SWV throwback. Coko still singing her face AWF, I see. My mouth just hangs open when I see what people can do with their gifts and talents.
The End. Till next time…
Top 10 Challenge
Day 11 | 10 favorite actors
- Laurence Fishburne
- Denzel Washington
- Johnny Depp (I dare you to find a better character actor)
- Tim Roth
- Columbus Short
- Wesley Snipes (off the skrenf that Blade and Noxeema Jackson are the same person……)
- Idris Elba
- Mark Wahlberg
- Gaius Charles
- Rockmond Dunbar
Columbus Short and Idris Elba. Fuck everyone else, respectfully.
Lemme tell you…
This man was in my dream last night. I’m not sure why. But we were together. And I was trying to
demolish fight a bitch that was trying to come for him in a restaurant. Then Idris came in followed by airport security (o.O), and he pulled me away kicking and screaming. I ran to the bathroom crying, sat on the floor. And he came in and sat next to me after a while. Just sat. And talked.
Then it was 10 am and I woke up. Pissed.
He’s watching me. I’m watching him.
This thoroughbred, backwoods, man-handle-ya, just… OOO!
So I’ve had the movie, Legacy, sitting in my queue for well over a month. Maybe two. And it was strictly based off the skrength (Yes, skrength) that it was starring cat-daddy Idris Elba.
So in my lazy haze this morning, I decided to finally watch it. Come to find out, it had more people in it that recognized than I thought.
And it’s a mind-bender (i.e. straight mind-fuck).
"Can I be candid? I don’t like all of Tyler Perry’s films. Yes, I did work with Tyler for ‘Daddy’s Little Girls’ because it portrayed a positive image of a black father. I am happy for Tyler’s success…we need Tyler Perry…by going to support his movies, we need to show economic strength. But we are also responsible for elevating film. I’m not with buffoonish characters like Madea or Big Momma."
- Idris Elba, YET ANOTHER FUCKING REASON TO LOVE HIM (via femmenoire)
Be candid. The truth shall set you free.